Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Teacher Gift


Aaaaaahhhh...do you hear that?!?!  Lawn mowers, sprinklers, kids having fun...it's summer.  Which also means end of the school year...which also means (in our house) your child moving to a different daycare room.  Sniffle.  I have posted before how I just LOVE to give gifts.  I LOVE buying gifts for people.  It's just fun and just makes me happy.  I love (you getting sick of me using that word yet?) putting together gift bowls/baskets/bins/boxes full of fun stuff.  Adding in a homemade something makes it even better!!!  I however didn't do that this time, I let Peanutty and Sweet Pickle do their magic when it came to picking out these gifts...granted, I did have a wee bit-o-influence on what they chose, but they still did the bulk of it.

Here's what we came up with for Peanutty's kindergarten teacher:

  • Tazo chai - word on the street was that Mrs. Kindergarten Teacher loves tea.  Peanutty actually thought she may like what I drink so, she's getting a carton.
  • Mini notebook
  • Notepad
  • Sunglasses
  • Sharpie pen (the no-bleed kind that I LOVE)
  • Mason jar mug
  • Extra fun straws for the mug
  • Bowl
  • Homemade card from Peanutty
  • Thank you card from me and Hubs
Here's what Sweet Pickle came up with for her two teachers:






  • Serving tray in the shape of a surf board
  • 4 dinner plates
  • 4 bowls
  • Set of paper cups
  • Set of paper napkins
  • Matching towel
  • A fiber optic dragon fly (this was a must according to S.P.)
  • Tub
  • Birthday Boy card (I picked that out, who doesn't love dinosaurs?!?!  Wink. Wink. - the other teacher is getting a graduation card.)
There is no written rule that you must give a gift at the end of the school year.  What I can say is this:  the teachers we had this past year did a stellar job of educating and taking care of my two wee ones.  They will be missed...so much so, that I cried during Sweet Pickles conference because I was sad to see her switch to different teachers...just sayin'.  Judge all you want.  :)

Now, for a little DIY!!!  With.................WASHI TAPE!!!  LOVE THIS!!!  My sweet friend LF, gave me this idea and I finally had a use for it!!!

You'll need:
  • Washi tape
  • Scissors
  • Crafting wire




All you do is press a couple pieces of cut wire between two pieces of Washi Tape and you have a custom made twisty tie!!!  I used a 32 gauge wire and it wasn't quite thick enough, but it worked.  I'd recommend using something thicker.  This is SUPER easy and adds a little something to the package.  It took me all of 3 minutes to make and I think it's darling!  I'll do it for the other two gifts as well as soon as Sweet Pickle writes in the cards, and I can wrap them up!!! 



NOW...I am doing my very first giveaway!  In celebration of all my awesome readers, I thought I'd give this a try!!!  All you have to do is send me an e-mail at: 

arethesemygoodsweatpants@gmail.com

On Friday morning, I will randomly choose a winner out of the pool of emails that I receive. I will then contact you to get your mailing address for this little prize:
I hope you have a most wonderful Tuesday!!  Until Friday...



No comments:

Post a Comment