Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Favorite Find

Three of my sweetest girlfriends and myself did a quick day trip to The Container Store - as well as IKEA.  I really didn't have a list of items that I wanted/needed to purchase, I was kind of along for the ride and the fun!  I'm one of those people who gets really lucky when it comes to sale and clearance racks.  That's why I encourage you all to make a bee line for those types of areas because you really never know what you'll find.  Well, at TCS, I found two gems that were a must have!  Simple to the eye, but the possibilities are endless:

I know you're thinking:  they're glass canisters.  Big whoop.  Well, these two babies were supposed to have lids and were regularly priced at $19.99 for the large and $17.99 for the small.  But, I brought these home for the one time payment of $7.59 for the large and $7.29 for the small.  I had no idea what I was going to use them for but I was thinking along the lines of either using it to make a center piece or to store something (weird, I know - wink, wink).  These are very thick glass and have already been dropped (yes, by me - oops) but didn't crack or shatter.  That's a bonus.  So here's what I decided to do with them...for now:



I have been struggling trying to figure out what to do with all my thread.  While I love the idea of the wood thread holders (spray paint those suckers and it'd be a colorful addition to any space just by having all the thread showing!), they run about $25 for a smaller version.  I don't want to spend that much, I'm cheap.  I've thought about doing a peg board and putting all my thread on it, since that's all the craze right now.  Too much work.  AND, I'm not at a point where I'd want to hang my sewing supplies on the wall yet.  I'm just starting to get into sewing, and while I do love it, I'm not sure if it's a hobby that will last.  So, a dedicated shelf will do for now!  Anyway, in comes my canister!  I decided to fill that bad boy up with all my threads (I'm lucky my Grandma sent me a bunch of thread she wasn't using or else my canister would have had about 6 spools in it).  I think it's pretty cute and another simple way to add some color and flare to my sewing shelf.  The larger canister has some scrap fabric in it.  Not sure I'm wild about it, but I'll roll with it for now.  I'm gearing up for some serious cleaning and organizing (because really, the two come hand in hand), so who knows where I'll need it next!!! 

Something so simple can be turned into something fantastic!!!  That's why these canisters are My Favorite Finds from our turn-and-burn trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment