Tuesday, January 14, 2014

These are a few of my FAVORITE things...

About a week ago, my husband and myself were heading out to the grocery store.  It was a Sunday late morning and I had yet to shower, I'd managed to drink my coffee while making the list, and had zero desire to leave the house.  Sadly, the milk wasn't going to buy itself.  I went to my room to change out of my pj's.  It was then that I was caught examining a pair of sweatpants.  I looked up to see my husband with a quizzical look on his face and I said "are these my good sweatpants?".  I burst out laughing and my husband quietly turned and walked away.  Yes folks, I'm one of those people that live in sweatpants/comfy pants/lounge pants/yoga pants...but I do also love to dress "normal" as well, but if I'm home, I'm wearing the comfy stuff.  It was also right then that I decided that would be the most perfect name for a blog.  My new blog.  My main focus for this blog is one of my most favorite things to do:  ORGANIZING.  I get asked a lot about how I would organize this or that, so I thought I'd share my ideas to the folks that care to know.  I have NO IDEA what I'm doing with a blog.  I've pretty much just figured out how to post something.  The blog site isn't pretty because I haven't a clue how to design it.  I have no idea how to fill out my profile or where to describe what this blog will be about.  This will take me some time to get used to.  Oh, and I'm terrible with computers/technology.  That's just how I am but I'm willing to learn...as long as someone else does it for me.

There you have it!  I'm excited and nervous to try this new adventure, but I hope you are willing to bare with me to see where it goes! 

Cue Julie Andrews...these are a few of my favorite things:






Allow me to break it down for you:

4. Washi tape/paper crafting tape.  I absolutely adore this stuff, as a matter of fact I have about 20 of them.  What do I use them for?  One use is mentioned in my #1...so keep reading.  I'll also show what I've used it for in other projects around the house...none of them are crafting projects.  You can purchase this kind of tape at a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Target (3M/Scotch makes some), and other scrap booking stores.  I'm partial to a brand called Doodle Bug and I purchase mine at a local scrap booking supplies store.

3.  Label maker - in my case label makers.  I have two.  The smaller Dymo label maker (purchased at Walmart - they also sell refill labels) was my first one about 2 years ago.  I LOVED it, but I wanted one that would print clear labels with black type on it, so in came the EPSON label maker (purchased through Amazon).  They are both wonderful assets to my organizing and could be for you too...but hand written labels are just as wonderful and add a personal touch.

2.  Sharpie brand pens and markers.  I am very addicted to the Sharpie no-bleed pens.  They work great for writing on paper, hence the no-bleed feature, not to mention the colors they offer!  I still use the regular Sharpie ultra fine tipped pens as well for other types of writing, especially in cards (thicker grade paper, of course).  And the old school Sharpie pen always comes in handy!  I purchased all of my Sharpies at Target.

Now, for the #1 thing in my life that I can't go without and I'm not sure how I survived without it before:

1.  My LIFE PLANNER!!!  This is not a joke.  I have discovered a wonderful planner from a website called:  www.erincondren.com  I purchased my first planner back in April of 2013, and just purchased my 2014 planner a few months ago.  I am in love.  So in love, I actually emailed the company asking if they would like me to be a sales rep out here in the Midwest for their planners.  Yes, I'm serious.  I'm still waiting for that call... While you all may think I'm crazy, I can't live without this.  Like I stated above, I'm not a technologically savvy person, so the phone/online calendar stuff doesn't do it for me.  I'm a paper and pen (Sharpie pens to be exact) kind of girl.  I'm so wild about this planner that I have 5 friends that own one (due to my wonderful Vanna White skills I'm sure) and one that's wanting one pretty badly (she was looking online just yesterday - right after she took the grand tour of mine!).  I must warn you that they are a tinge pricey, BUT, I think it's worth every single penny.  Coming from someone that pinches said pennies, that's saying a lot!!!  I use the Washi/crafting tape in my planner to block out periods of time for vacations, or school breaks, it pretties it up and really draws your eyes to it when you flip it open.

There you have it!  Just a few of my favorite things!!!  I have successfully managed to survive my first post...let's see if I'm brave enough to let anyone know that I've done this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment