Friday, January 29, 2016

Valentine's Centerpiece DIY

I'm in the mood to blog.  It's been a while, not to mention I haven't done anything spectacular lately that would be blog worthy.  But, I feel as though some of you may be like me and enjoy the simple things in life.  Something as simple as a centerpiece makes me happy.  Crazy?  Maybe.  Having that little bit of pretty in my life really makes all the difference.  Especially when you live in the Midwest and it seems like the sun has decided to take a vacay when we need it most.  Why not go to a tanning bed or take Vitamin D pills...well, for me, a pop of color and fun make all the difference in brightening up the blahs.  Time for the onslaught of photos:

My table sans centerpiece...
This is a stand I made two years ago out of an XL terracotta planter base, and an upside down XS terracotta planter.  Purchased at my local Lowes, and spray painted white.  I use this for fruits, cupcakes...and now centerpiece...

My simple supplies, minus the mason jar I have had for years...
These were purchased a couple years ago in the Target dollar bins for...you guessed it, $1.  I have no idea what possessed me to purchase them but I did and I adore them...again, the simple things...





Seems like banners are all the craze these dayz.  So, I wanted to make one of my own.  Using the string from above (purchased after Christmas at Target for the staggering price of $.17-your eyes are not deceiving you, I said SEVENTEEN CENTS).  I simply gathered my fave Valentine style Washi goodness, cut off a large strip, folded it over, and cut the bottom corners at an angle to get the "banner effect"...
You see this gem?  I purchased this out of the Target dollar bin this past holiday season for $3.  I used it for a centerpiece with battery operated lights (along with other things), but I've now found another use for it...
Ta-Dow!  I could have made my banner strand longer, but I didn't.  Eh, maybe next time.  I also purchased a cute pink bowl from the dollar bins for $3, as well as Rolo's.  I took the clothespins from above, and simply placed them in the mason jar - for fun.  And now I have something that looks like this...


All together, I spent about $6.17 on this since I had the rest of the goodies already.  I'll use them year after year because I'm a reuser, reducer, recycler.  :)  Simple, fun...and to me, a pop of pretty.  It puts a smile on my face every time I walk by it, or stare at it while I cook, or have to remove it when we have meals...you get the picture.  It's the simple things.  Create them.  Enjoy them.


That's all I've got for now.  But I'm sure I'll have a few other little projects up my sleeve over the next few weeks. Until next time...

Side Note:  I'm not editing - weird.
Side Note II:  I do NOT like Madonna, never have, never will.
Side Note III:  The Rolo's in the bowl lasted all of 4 days...I have Rolo Monsters in my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment