Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Thankful

I'm not one of those people that's thankful just during the month of November...I'm thankful every single day of my life for a lot of things.  Mostly coffee, but I'm good with that.  I kid.  I'm also in love with comfy clothes.

This year I was teetering back and forth about doing something to recognize the things we are thankful for (big and small).  I toyed with the idea of a 'Thankful Tree'.  Thank you Pin-"I spend all my free time perusing these ideas that I will never execute"-terest.

Exhibit A:


Thanksgiving Thankful tree for under $5.00 with dollar tree decor. Craft ideas and decorating with nature. @michaelsstores #debbiedoos:


Chances are I'm going to get sued for using this image...no idea what the repercussions are on this but...I like to live on the wild side.  It's a simple pre-lit tree that has some fall ribbon and a few strands of raffia.  I imagine they had some paper leaves that you could write what you're thankful for on it and then hang it on the tree.  At least that's what I would do.  I didn't read the article on this...hell, I didn't even pin it.  The image was just burned in my mind and  I thought "hey, I can do that!".  Welp, I didn't.

I also thought of a 'Thankful Garland'...

Exhibit B:

 Thanksgiving Crafts - The Idea Room:


If I get sued for the first image, then I'll surely get sued for having two.  The thought of having to cut out these lovely leaves made me want to scream.  I'm not a patient person when it comes to tedious jobs, such as this.  I thought about searching for pre-cut paper leaves, and then I thought, 'surely someone has a Cricut or a die cutting device and would be happy to cut me some'...eh, I started to run out of time and my thought steam had started to run out.

After consulting my 4 year old, opinionated, Sweet Pickle, we decided on having a jar where we could put all our "thankfulnesses" in it.

Exhibit C:


The 'Thankful Jar' came to life.  I found a large glass "jar" and put a fall colored ribbon around the top, and made a little sign, taped it on with some Washi tape...and ta-da!  A 'Thankful Jar'.  I rummaged through all of my scrap paper from the old scrapbooking days and chopped them into smaller, equal pieces (I'm a symmetrical girl 100%).  Put them in an envelope along with some fall colored Sharpies (I adore Sharpies):
I just dropped this envelope in the jar, instead of it sitting on around the outside.  It's simple, when you think of something you're thankful for, write it down, fold the paper and deposit it in the jar.  On Thanksgiving Day we'll share what we're thankful for.

Here's where I'm going to get real with you...I COULD tell you that the jar is over flowing with gratitude, and that EVERYONE rushes to write down what they're thankful for each and every day.  I put this out two weeks ago and there are 6 papers in it.  Life is busy, one of my kids can't write on their own, my hubby forgets it's sitting there, and I'm fairly certain my other Little is mostly thankful for Minecraft and football.  The jar is a fantastic idea, but it's just not for us this year.  Don't think that we're not thankful for everything we have and everything we are, we just didn't write it down.  We are, however, pretty good about verbalizing to each other.  Maybe next year a garland or a tree would be more appealing to little eyes and hands.  Good thing I have about 13 months to pan out the details on that one.

That's it for today!!!  I want to wish everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving!  Until next time...

*Side Note 1:  I don't like turkey.  I think it's blah and plain and could live without it.
**Side Note 2:  I do not do Black Friday shopping...crowds make me nervous and give me the heebies - all I can think about is all the germs.
***Side Note 3:  Liam Hemsworth is on Kelly and Michael tomorrow but I have to miss it because of work...I'm genuinely upset about this.
****Side Note 4:  I didn't edit.

No comments:

Post a Comment