TARGET: This is where I find a good chunk of my deals. Here's a link to a post I've seen before - now, if it's legit - I have no idea, but it's worth a try!!! This is a list of their markdown's and which days they do it:http://www.mommysavers.com/deals-at-target-clearance/
Here are some of my tips:
- Have Time: If you're just running in and out, chances are you're not doing the typical "browsing" that most of us ladies do (well, at least I do - I could make a day out of roaming around Target!!! And they've got Starbucks to boot!!!). If you can dedicate some time, I'm talking about an hour or so to REALLY look around, you'll find the little hidden gems for a fraction of the cost.
- Endcaps: This is where you will find the glory in your shopping experience. This is where I've found 95% of my amazing deals!!! For example: about two years ago in the fall, I happened across a ton of licensed character beach towels. Originally $14.99 - marked down to $2.49 (or something like that). I snagged up about 14 of them (a few for my sister and a friend of mine), and I gave away the others to my nieces and nephews as birthday gifts (paired with other stuff). Point is, I got it for very inexpensive - and got to give them away as a gift for very inexpensive!!!
- Clearance Racks: Ish. I'm thinking clothes here. If you're willing to put in the time to these chaotic racks, more power to you!!! I do it. Not all the time, just on a whim and I rarely have luck, but as I showed you last post, I had awesome luck with finding 5 items for $10.50 - I purchased a size up for Sweet Pickle.
- After Holiday/Season Sales: Things I've found have been school supplies - when scissors, pencils, folders, etc are on clearance - I snag them up!!! Why? Because those are items that both of my kids will be needing/using in the future and they don't go "bad". I found lunch bags/boxes, and Crayola crayons in these cute tins. I purchased 30 of these tins for $.47/24 count crayon tin. I gave some away in gifts for nieces and nephews and Peanutty gave them away as Valentine's gifts instead of candy. The kids really liked them...at least they were kind enough to say they liked them.
- Dollar Bins: I've struck it rich in these bins when they aren't clearanced out. BUT, when they're trying to push it all out for the new stuff to come in - you can get items for 50-70% off. That's REALLY cheap!!!
- Walmart (at least the ones I go to) have clearance aisles. These aisles are dedicated to marked down stuff that is in now way shape or form organized. It gives me anxiety just walking through them because it looks like someone beat the crap out of the merchandise and left it for dead. Aside from that - rarely I will find something in these aisles worth purchasing. You have GOT to know your prices here because I've found that while they may be marked "way down" it's not always that great of a deal.
- Diamond In The Rough: My luck stems from finding a pile of marked down clearance items within the regular priced items. For example: Today I was at Walmart checking out the pj's for Peanutty (not a successful trip for those - they had a horrible selection and they were expensive - at least to me they were). While roaming through the boys clothing, I spotted Hanes sweatshirts. I saw they were $3.50..but upon further examination, they were actually marked down to $1.00!!! Holy guacamole!!!! I was about ready to freak out. Now, they didn't have Peanutty's exact size, but they had one and two sizes up. I snagged up four of them (of course he was with me and was very particular on which one's he liked and disliked). Here's what I got!
- Bakery Deals: This one is great if you're planning on using the items that day. They have a day-old rack from their bakery that has rolls and loaves of bread. It's usually about half off and worth it if you plan to use it ASAP or even freeze it.
- Clearance Racks: They, like Target, have clearance racks at times full of clothing. We got very lucky one year to find footie jammies for Sweet Pickle for only $3 each. They were the Carter's spin off brand. They were awesome and lasted until she outgrew them.
I will NOT be blogging this Friday-please, please...don't cry. So, until next Tuesday...